James Scott, “The Art of Not Being Governed”
Books by James Scott:
- The Moral Economy of the Peasant. Rebellion and Subsistence in Southeast Asia, Yale University Press, 1976.
- Weapons of the Weak. Everyday Forms of Peasant Resistance, Yale University Press, 1985.
- Domination and the Arts of Resistance. Hidden Transcripts, Yale University Press, 1990.
- Seeing like a State. How Certain Schemes to Improve the Human Condition Have Failed, Yale University Press, 1998.
- The Art of Not Being Governed. An Anarchist History of Upland Southeast Asia, Yale University Press, 2009.
- Two Cheers for Anarchism. Six Easy Pieces on Autonomy, Dignity, and Meaningful Work and Play, Princeton University Press, 2012.
Pierre Clastres, “Society Against the State,” 1989. [Originally in French, 1974]
Albert J. Nock, “Our Enemy, the State,” 1935.
Franz Oppenheimer, “The State,” 1914.